I love Pasta and that is why it is one of my go-tos when I’m craving comfort food and I don’t really have the time to spend all day(night) in the kitchen. Most of the time I have my pasta with whatever is available in the pantry or fridge. Most of the time it’s legumes, meat, eggs, sausages, avocado (avocado sauce) or my amazing homemade pasta sauce.
This One Pot Pasta dish is incredibly easy to make, with very few ingredients and that does not take away from it’s flavour because it’s crazy delicious; especially if you finish it off with some grated mozzarella and/or cheddar cheese. I’ve had it too many times so I can confidently say it’s a favourite.
I used two types of pasta (Spaghetti & Penne) because I felt it would make the dish a little bit more interesting in terms of appearance. The sausages I used are Pork sausages. But they can definitely be replaced with Beef sausages or Chicken sausataste
Let’s get to it. The ingredients needed are:-
1 cup Penne Pasta
1 handful Spaghetti
5 Pork sausages, sliced
1 cup French beans, chopped
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 red onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon Mixed spices
1 teaspoon Garam Masala
1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
1 teaspoon Dark Soy
3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Grated Cheese(Mozzarella & Cheddar)
Salt to taste
1. In a pot with hot water, cook pasta al dente. Drain water & rinse in cold water. Don’t throw out all of the pasta water.
2. In a another pan, heat vegetable oil. Add onions and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add Tomato paste, mixed spices, garam masala, chilli powder and soy. Stir well till it becomes pasty.
4. Add sausages and stir. Cook for 2 minutes till they are a little firm. Add French beans and stir.
5. Add garlic and stir into the mixture.( I normally add garlic at this point to prevent it from burning. If you add garlic at the early stages, it’s very likely to get burnt and nobody likes burnt garlic.)
6. Add a cup of the pasta water you set aside. Stir in with the rest of the ingredients. Let it cook it starts boiling.
7. Add pasta, sprinkle some salt to taste, reduce heat, cover and let it cook for 3 minutes top till some of the liquid reduces. ( Don’t let it cook till it’s completely dry)
8. Serve hot topped with some cheese.
I hope you get to try this simple but sensational dish sometime.