Potatoes feature prominently on my cheat days’ menu; and there’s always fresh Cabbage to accompany them. I really love potatoes and I cannot resist them. Could be a result of where I grew up. It’s a staple there.
I am always down for French fries, Viazi Karai, Mashed Potatoes, Baked Potatoes & these Bhajias. And often when I cook potatoes, I always make ‘slaw.
My go to recipes are very simple and you can make these two items at home without sweating.
In my Bhajias I used:-
10 potatoes, sliced
1 cup Wheat Flour
2 eggs, beaten
1. In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt & coriander. Mix together using a wooden spoon.
2. Add eggs into the flour mixture.
3. Thoroughly mix to form a smooth batter.
4. Add sliced potatoes and mix till they’re all coated with the batter.
5. In a deep frying pan, add Vegetable oil that fills it halfway. Heat on medium high heat.
6. Using a spoon or fork, pick one potato slice at a go from the batter and carefully drop it in the oil.
7. Fry till they’re slightly golden brown and crispy.
8. Set on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
For the Coleslaw I used:-
1/4 Cabbage head, shredded
1 Carrot, grated
1 Red Onion, sliced
3 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of Honey
1. In a mixing bowl, add cabbage, Carrot & onions. Toss.
2. Add honey & mayonnaise. Use a spoon to stir till everything is all creamy.
3. Personally, I refrigerate the ‘slaw covered for about 15 minutes before I serve so that all the flavors marry well.
Hope you get to try this.