Easy to cook, healthy and tasty… This Chickpea curry is exactly what you need to add to your dinners and even lunches.
3 cups pre-cooked Chickpeas
3 Tomatoes, puréed
2 white onions, thinly chopped
1 tablespoon Tomato paste
1 teaspoon minced Garlic
2 tablespoons Curry masala
1 teaspoon Garam masala
1/4 teaspoon Chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Dry Mint leaves
1 cup coconut Milk
1 cup Coconut cream
3 tablespoons Vegetable oil
1. In a cooking pot, heat vegetable oil. Add onions and fry till they’re well caramelized.
2. Add tomato purée and paste. Sprinkle some salt and stir. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add garlic, curry masala, garam masala, chili powder, Cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, soy sauce & dry mint. Stir and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Add chickpeas and stir. Add 2 cups of water and cover.
5. Let it simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat till some of the water reduces.
6. Add coconut milk and cream. Stir in. Cover and let it cook for about 3 minutes.
7. Serve hot with white rice or chapati.
I added some fresh mint because it gives it a very unique kick that’s really good.
Hope you try it.