I made Pizza like a pro. Lol.
It has been a long long since I had pizza and yesterday I just had to have it. But a girl was a little broke so I had to work with what I had in the fridge and in the pantry. And I loved it and it’s not because I cooked it 😉
So this is more of a ‘off the pantry/fridge’ pizza. I had made some meatballs a few days back and I had some 3 leftovers pieces in the freezer. I knew I’d definitely use that to top my pizza alongside tomatoes, onions, cheese and parsley plus my homemade pizza sauce( which I made from a very simple can of tomato paste).
For the pizza dough I just used flour, yeast, a little sugar, some warm water and vegetable oil. and I let it rest for a couple of minutes so it could rise. The first time I made pizza though, the crust came out as a biscuit. Barely edible FYI. I never mixed everything correctly but this time I got it right because it was finished in 5 minutes.
As mentioned above I used:
Homemade Pizza Sauce
3 pieces of leftover meatballs, cut in small pieces
2 red onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup of Cheese, grated
1/2 bunch Fresh parsley
1. Roll out the pizza dough. Don’t roll it out too thin. Place it on a baking tray.
2. Spread some pizza sauce as the base.
3. Add some cheese on top of the sauce; ensuring it’s evenly distributed.
4. Add the meat, tomatoes, onions & parsley.
5. Add more grated cheese on top
6. Place the tray in a 180°C preheated oven for 10 minutes. The oven must have been preheated for about 20 minutes.
7. Serve hot.